A company website is a valuable tool for businesses of all sizes. It can be used to promote products and services, build brand awareness, and generate leads. However, in order to be effective, a company website needs to be well-designed and strategically planned.
At Website DNA, even before we talk about the design and content for a new company website, we carry out detailed analysis on the purpose of the website, the strategy behind it and its objectives for the company.
Factors we consider before designing a company website:
Target audience: The first step is to identify the company’s target audience. Who is the company trying to reach with the new website? What are their needs and interests of the audience? Once you understand the target audience, you can start to design a website that will not only appeal to them but will be designed in such a way to get them to complete the tasks you want them to.
Website goals: What do you want your website to achieve? Do you want them to contact you for a service; carry out an online transaction; establish your credibility with them; view your brand in a professional manner, etc. Your website goals will dictate the design and content of your website.
Competitive analysis: It’s important to take a look at the competition when designing your website. What are other websites in your industry doing well? What could they be doing better? You can use the competition as a benchmark for your own website design. At Website DNA we identify your competition and carry out a detailed analysis of their websites.
Budget: Website design can be expensive, so it’s important to set a budget before you start. You don’t want to overspend on your website design, but you also don’t want to cut corners and end up with a product that cannot deliver your company objectives. Recognise what you need, and what is superfluous and focus on quality. If you website is built correctly you can always add additional content to it as your company evolves or you have more marketing funds.
Develop A Strategy and the Objectives for your company website.
Here are some of the key questions to consider:
- What do you want visitors to do on your website? – Identify the end task you want a visitor to do on your website.
- What information do you want to give to visitors? – Don’t provide too much content. Be concise, engaging and persuasive.
- How can you make your website easy to use and navigate? – It must be easy for visitors to find what THEY need and to complete what YOU want them to do.
- How can you make your website visually appealing? – Don’t have too much text. Remember the visitor wants to receive a benefit – not necessarily how you are going to deliver it.
- How can you measure the success of your website? – Use Google Analytics to fully evaluate your website and how visitors interact with it. Set-up ways to measure the website performance.
By answering these questions thoroughly, you can develop a strategy and objectives for your company website that will help you achieve your business goals.